HelloWorld Movies

Movies I have seen

Monday, April 17, 2006

Akeelah and The Bee

Wow! Starbucks sponsored a movie??? There's Starbucks Entertainment?? I never thought the day would come.

I walked into Starbucks and I found green coasters on the table. Coasters? Why do I need them? I suppressed my curiosity and ordered a tall coffee - strong. It came with a green sleeve (I'm assuming that's what you call those cardboard that goes around a hot cup of coffee). I put honey and milk into my coffee (Yes, honey in coffee! It's very good. You should try it!) and I sat down. I read what the sleeve said and apparently it's promoting a movie:
Akeelah and The Bee and it gave you 3 meanings of Akeelah and The Bee:
1. changing the world one word at a time
2. to spell it like it is
3. an inspirational film in theatres everywhere [april 28]
www.starbucks.com/akeelah

The coasters on my table had that same Akeelah and The Bee ad on one side and the other side were different from coasters to coasters. It's presented like an entry in a dictionary. On my table, I found pterodactyl (any of various extinct flying reptiles of the order Pterosauria that existed during the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods) and lyceum ( (1) a hall for public lectures or discussions (2) an association providing public lectures, concerts, and entertainment).

What's going on? What has the world come to? I guess it's inevitable. With the ridiculous prices that Starbucks charge for coffee, one day, Starbucks will rule the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home